We have tried to answer some general questions and Artist FAQs below
Hi, I’m sure you have many of the usual questions, we have tried to answer them below but if there is still something you are unsure of just get in touch
How much is the commission:
The commission at the moment is 10%, this may go up in the future slightly but while we are building our list of artists we just wanted to make sure when items are sold we cover our payment costs. Sounds silly but we’re not into making a lot of money from commission, its more about the artists and getting them exposed properly. We are artists ourselves who use other online services and getting clobbered with a big commission when you sell a piece doesn’t fill us with joy.
Are there any other charges
No, not for an artist page.
When a piece of art is sold you will be notified and have to despatch your work in under 5 days directly to the client. You are responsible for the cost of this and making sure it gets there.
You don’t have to use Art by Artists payment system, unlike most onllne art websites we have no problem with clients contacting you directly, its about YOU and YOUR art that counts. If you have no payment facility then you can use ours for the 10% as detailed above and you will receive you money 2 weeks after the client has accepted the work.
Hopefully you have never experienced one of these but unfortunately they are out there, if a piece of art is sold using our site then the customer has 2 weeks to send it back if they don’t like it, this is the nature of online selling as a customer may think the online imagery doesn’t reflect the actual reality. Fortunately this is a very rare situation, however to encourage clients to purchase it is necessary.
How does Art by Artists make money
It doesn’t really, We are artists to so we are hoping to sell more of our art using Art by Artists. We are hoping to make a little bit of money to cover our costs by selling artists services IF they want them such as:
1. Domain name pointing to their page ie www.artbyname.co.uk going to your page on our site
2. A whole site like ours on your domain name or one of ours that you can control yourself
3. Promotional print material
4. Promotional email campaigns
5. Selling products such as, prints, boxed canvas and postcards if an artists will allow us to – an artist receives a commission on these but can also buy them less their commission and sell them for what ever they like.
How does an artist make money
Sounds silly but artists have more than one way of making money at Art by Artists
1. Sell your original art
2. Selling products such as, prints, boxed canvas and postcards – an artist receives a commission on these but can also buy them less their commission and sell them for what ever they like.
3. If an artist buys their own site from us they can sell other artists work and products (if that artists has given permission), for that they receive the commission.